Pages

May 12, 2008

In the Beginning

As indicated on the sidebar, I've started this blog as an experiment in keeping myself on top of my research. Independent research, especially reading, can get pretty scattered, and I hope that with this blog I can post short notes on what I'm currently reading, as well as thoughts on my primary texts and other projects.

My main concern this summer is doing as much background research for my MA thesis as possible, which means reading a wide variety of books on the Hollywood film industry, genre studies, and other related subjects, and also re-watching the films of my primary texts - the Rambo, Indiana Jones, Terminator and Die Hard franchises.

My summer research officially starts next week. We'll see what happens.


Full disclosure: I stole this idea from a PhD candidate at Queen's who I met at a conference: check out Dan Trottier's blog here.